Top 10 Successful Boomerpreneur Business Tips
These top 10 successful boomerpreneur business tips are for those that are retirees, soon-to-be retirees, dispalced workers, the unretired and those who always dreamed of owning their own business.
1.You Are Never Too Old to Start a Business:
Think it’s crazy to start a business because you’re a baby boomer? People who are 55-64 have a higher rate of entrpreneurship than those who are 20-34. The annual entrepreneurial activity report published in April by the Kansas City, Mo.-based Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation found a growth from 14.3 % in 1996 to 23.4% last year with boomerpreneurs. The foundation doesn’t track startups for those 65 and older, but the Bureau of Labor Statisitcs data shows that group has a higher self-employment rate than any other age group.
2. Turn Your Passions Into Profits:
There can be hurdles in building a business, many major peeks and valley’s. Building a business ignited by your passion pushes you through the rough times. A person that is fueled by his or her passion in a business venture is unstoppable, just like our mentor Ann Sieg.
3. Build a Community of Positive Influences: Being an entrepreneur at any age can be lonely and fearful. Seek out resources and people that will encourage you to “go for it” and “never give up”. Stay away from the negative Nellie’s and Debbie downer’s.
4. Make Your Workplace Fit Your Lifestyle: The internet has been the game changer for owning a business. You no longer need to rent out office space or a storefront. You can now set up an online e-store through sites such as eBay, Amazon and Etsy to sell your products or affialiate products online. As long as you have access to internet, you can connect with customers all over the world.
5. Staff as You Grow With Freelancers: You can find many talented independent contractors to do long term or short term projects needed for your business. This helps with time management, so you can focus on what you do best. Odesk is a highly recommended site to search for a virtual assistant.
6. Be Innovative With Your Funding Resources: Business start up costs can vary depending on the type of business venue you choose. An online business will cost much less than a traditional brick and mortar business. The Small Business Administration has timely, helpful advice for entrepreneurs eager to learn about every aspect of entrepreneurship, from getting the word out through social media and raising money to writing a business plans.
7. Go Back to Class: I know the thought of going back to school, probably doesn’t sound so appealing. In order to become successful in business, you will need to learn certain marketing and sales skills to compete with your competition. The good news is you can now learn from the comfort of your recliner. Podcasts, webinars, tele-seminars, ebooks, and YouTube videos are the new “teachers” enabling you to learn about any business subject.
8. An Internet Presence is a Must: 97% of consumers search for products and services online. A blog or website will give your business the online exposure you need to get in front of your niche market
9. Your Smart Phone is Your New Office: There are many apps you can download to make your business run smoothly from your smart phone or tablet. Intuit offers such services as payroll, quickbooks and credit card payment.
10. Use Social Media as a Marketing Strategy: Choose one social media platform to netowrk with your target audience, one that you can successfully maintain consistently. Learn from social media experts, get educated on how to be most effective. Transitioning from working in the work force as an employee to being a self employed boomerbreneur has it’s advantges and disadvantages. The above successful boomerpreneur business tips are just a few guidelines to assist you in your new life.
If you are anything like us, then you are most likely looking for the no fuss, no muss simple formula. My husband and spent countless of hours and a significant amount of money searching for the right training community to help us achieve the goals we have for our business.We know that in order for you to succeed in business you will need to get the knowledge needed to make the right choices.The Daily Marketing Coach offers such service and training through their online community.